Friday, November 27, 2015

Carson and his interpretation of end time prophesy



Traces of the anti-Catholic prejudice White expressed in her writings can still be found in Adventism. Carson rejects that bias.

'I love Catholics. My best friend is Catholic. I have several honorary degrees from Catholic universities,' he said.

Carson also addressed White's end-of-the world prophecy about Jesus' return. She predicted that the government, with the help of Christians who celebrate the Sabbath on Sunday, will persecute Seventh-day Adventists for their Saturday worship.
'I think there's a wide variety of interpretations of that. There's a lot of persecution of Christians going on already in other parts of world. 

'And some people assume that's going to happen every place. I'm not sure that's an appropriate assumption,' he said. 

'If you look at what's going on today with persecution of Christians, particularly in the Middle East, I believe that's really more what's being talked about.'

No comments:

Post a Comment